WHY DO YOU NEED A DOCTOR’S NOTE?
YOU CAN BE REQUIRED BY LAW TO PRODUCE IT!
In order to prove that an animal is an emotional support animal, you may be asked to provide documentation from a licensed professional (doctor, psychiatrist, or other mental health professional) stating that the animal is an essential part of treatment for a disability. A landlord or business may ask you to provide a doctor’s note or they could deny you and your emotional support animal.
Regardless of whether you are asked to show a doctor’s letter, it is a legal requirement to have a valid diagnosis and a prescription for an emotional support animal.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR AN EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL?
If you suffer from a mental health or psychiatric disability including, but not limited to anxiety, depression, PTSD, attention deficit disorder, chronic stress, learning disorders, and more then you qualify.
Emotional Support Animal Requirements & Benefits
- You are legally REQUIRED to have a letter from a licensed medical professional stating that your animal is an essential part of treatment for your disability. Your landlord is allowed to ask you to produce this document and will deny your emotional support animal if you do not have it.
- Your emotional support animal does not need to be specially trained. As long as your ESA helps with your disability then you qualify.
- While vests, collar tags, collars, leashes, etc. are not required, these accessories ensure maximum visibility and recognition and drastically reduce hassles from your landlord and neighbors.
- Landlords are required to make a reasonable accommodation for a person who requires an emotional support animal that allows that person to live with the animal, even if the landlord has a no-pet policy.
- No breed or weight restrictions.
- You can NOT be charged a pet deposit or pet rent for an emotional support animal. On average this is a savings of over $500.
- As of January 11th, 2021 emotional support animals are no longer recognized by airlines and are treated as regular pets.
OUR NETWORK OF INDEPENDENT LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS WILL GET YOU YOUR REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TODAY
Our Simple Process:
- Call us or submit your contact information on this page for a risk-free consultation to learn if an ESA is right for you.
- Consult by phone or live video with one of our licensed medical professionals to find out if your disability qualifies. This is risk-free as you don’t pay if you are not approved.
- Receive your diagnosis letter via email immediately for print and use.